- Turn your wimpy garden tractor into a Brute Mini Dozer that can do some real work!
- Push dirt, rocks, snow, brush, etc.
- Skid logs, pull a loaded trailer, pull small stumps.
- Grade, level and smooth rough terrain.
- Plans cover the complete build from start to finish, with all the drawings in one book and all the text in the other for easy referencing!
- Our detailed plans guide you through the construction process step by step. Everything is covered, from welding, tools and materials.
Parts lists include every nut, bolt and part required to build the complete machine. 41 photos for reference, are included.
- Build it yourself using our detailed plans and save!
- The plans show you how to build the tracks and steering system.
- $800 to $1200 approximate build cost plus your garden tractor. NOTE: Garden tractors have 23" or larger rear tires and at least
1" diameter axles, lawn tractors don't. You build the undercarriage/track frame assembly, then mount your garden tractor to the undercarriage.
- No hydraulics required, power up and power down blade is lower cost electric!
- Free technical support for our customers.
Some background information
We have some property on a small bay with a couple of islands on Bob's Lake which is half way between Perth and Kingston near Westport.
The property was quite isolated and only recently did we get a road, power and most importantly a connection to the Internet!
If you are interested in building your own you should be able to get the logs all cut and dovetailed any where from $10k to $20K. Make sure they are winter cut and spayed with insecticide as soon as possible. Also try to get the widest cut possible. You should specify the average dimension of the log and the average dimension of the chinking gap. I think we specified 15" average width and 2" average gap.
Notching and squaring the logs is not that hard. If you have the time you can do it yourself. A couple of community colleges also give courses.
The log cabin is two parts - the main living area is 26x20 and the kitchen is 17 x20 ft. The logs are eastern white pine.
If you are willing to do most of the framing and construction yourself you can build the place for approximately $30K. I went to shingle wholesalers and bought brand new end of line shingles at a fraction of the price of new shingles (less than $500). I also bought used windows and doors from window company for a total of $400.00!! Then over a couple of years I slowly replaced the used windows with new ones. The interior trim, plumbing, etc can easily be the most significant cost and this has probably brought the total cost to $50K.
If you want more information I would be happy to exchange e-mails with you on some of the construction details. Please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
My latest project was building a towable backhoe. This is one of the most useful things I have ever owned. It is perfect for digging ditches, repairing roads, building gardens, etc